Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Inspiration = Creativity = Masterpiece!...


Kia ora koutou

...What inspires you?
For me, it is anything and everything, although - I think the basis of my inspiration is Love.

What I love about Stampin' Up! is not only the wonderful products but also the culture - like minded people, sharing the fun and beauty of creating, that is inspirational in itself!

This pic says it all :)



The other day my hubby asked me to make a card for his mum's birthday.  She lives in Kainga, a beautiful spot by the Waimakariri River - the river was my inspiration for this card.

For My Wonderful Mother - Birthday Card


Stamps - Loads of Love, Summer Silhouettes, Delightful Dozen
Ink - Midnight Muse, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Regal Rose, Marina Mist
Card - Whisper White, Midnight Muse, 2010-2012 In Colour Patterns DSP - Blushing Bride
Accessories - Embosslits Beautiful Wings, Designer Frames embossing folder (inside of card), 1" Circle Punch, sponge.


Last November my mum celebrated her 60th birthday (she called it her 30/30 birthday, lol)...I wanted to design a card for her that reflected her bouncy, witty, outgoing, beautiful, passionate personality - in the end, I designed a classic, elegant, beautiful card.  My inspiration - mum's beauty, inside and out  <3
...In the midst of celebrating her 30/30, I didn't take a picture of her birthday card - but, not long after mum's birthday, I made a retirement card very similar.  Here is a pic of the retirement card. 

  

Retirement Card


Stamps - Stippled Blossoms
Ink - Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
Card - Whisper White, Garden Green
Accessories - Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, Designer Frames embossing folder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Whisper White Satin Ribbon.

Stippled Blossoms is one of my favourite stamp sets.  It's a two-step stamp set (layered images), this is where you need to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig...I tell you what - it's so easy to use and the final image has depth and jumps off the card...so awesomely impressive ^_^ 


A day after mum's birthday is my niece's birthday.  Her beautiful, witty, charismatic personality was inspiration for this card :)

Get Your Party Dress On


I have always loved Origami - naturally it is a part of some of my creations :)  Soon I hope to post  video tutorials on all of my Origami Infused creations...WATCH THIS SPACE...
Stamps - Elements of Style
Ink - Black
Card - Whisper White, Black
Accessories - Hearts Framelits, Polka Dot embossing folder, Rhinestones, Peel Craft, Blue Printer Paper, Microsoft Office - font Jenna Sue, dimensionals.


More Origami infused creations...Must confess, these cards were made before I became a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  I have used some 'non' Stampin' Up! products - they can be easily altered to become a true-blue SU card  :)

                          








The Red Origami Snowflake or as my up-line Shane called it a Poinsettia (I agree, it does look more like a Poinsettia than a snowflake, oh well) - this is my favourite Christmas card creation, so simple and beautiful.





...LOVE INSPIRED CARDS (literally)


Love Flower


I really enjoy making fun, cute, give to anyone anytime cards and this is one of those cards.  It was doubly fun playing with my sale-a-bration products and I (Heart) Hearts stamp set from the clearance rack sale.
Stamps - I (Heart) Hearts
Ink - Summer Starfruit
Card - Whisper White, Sycamore Street DSP - Rich Razzleberry (sale-a-bration) 
Accessories - Sycamore Street Designer Button - Tangerine Tango, Sycamore Street Ribbon - Pool Party (sale-a-bration), dimensionals.



Pool Of Love


One of my CAS designs (clean and simple).
Stamps - I (Heart) Hearts
Ink - Raspberry Ripple
Card - Whisper White, Sycamore Street DSP - Pool Party (sale-a-bration)
Accessories - Hearts Framelits, Sycamore Street Ribbon - Pool Party (sale-a-bration), Rhinestones, dimensionals.



Rose and Hearts


Thoughts of my beautiful daughter inspired this creation <3 (The rose is pre-origami, the petals were cut-out free-hand, shaped with my bone folder and then layered, glued the manipulated spiral in the center).
Stamps - Oval All (retired)
Ink - Real Red, Marina Mist
Card - Very Vanilla, Marina Mist, Real Red, Real Red DSP (don't know the name, retired)
Accessories - Labels Framelits, Hearts Punch (retired), Scallop Oval Punch, Oval Punch, Rhinestone, non SU embossing folders, dimensionals.



Heart Christmas Tree


This CAS card was inspired by another card I saw - the christmas tree was made using 1" Circle Punch.  I thought it would look pretty cool made with hearts... think I was right :)
Stamps - Petite Pairs
Ink - Real Red
Card - Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Early Expresso, Old Olive, 2010 - 2012 In Colour Patterns DSP - Pear Pizzazz
Accessories - Polka Dot embossing folder, Heart Punch (retired), Rhinestone, dimensionals



....I have so many more samples of My Babies that I want to share with you. Hope I have sparked some inspiration for your creativity...for more, come and join me on my next blog...  :)

Ka kite ano
BCH Stampin

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover